BD Duplex circuit breakers protect the wires in your home from overheating (referred to as an overload) and fault currents (referred to as short circuits). These breakers are designed for use in T&B, BR, Challenger type load centers and should be installed only in panel positions that have notched buss stabs. Also, BD duplex circuit breakers are UL approved genuine replacement breakers for load centers made by Westinghouse, Challenger, and Bryant.
- 15 Amp & 20 Amp Combination Single-Pole TBBD Duplex Circuit Breaker
- Tandem Twin 15A/20A 120VAC
- All 15 and 20 ampere single poles are switch-duty rated
- TBBD, BD, BR Duplex circuit breakers have independent trip
- TBBD Duplex circuit breakers have the rejection tab feature
- TBBD circuit breakers are current limiting
- Requires one 1 in. space
- TBBD Duplex circuit breakers carry listing for HACR (heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration) applications
- TBBD Duplex circuit breakers conform to section 384-15 of the latest national electrical code
- Also known as Piggy Back Breaker
A tandem circuit breaker is a two-single-pole circuit breaker that takes up the space of a single circuit breaker on a panelboard. It's also known as duplex, slimline, twin, half-height, half-inch, double and wafer breakers, depending on local customs.
Circuit breakers are intended for switching and protection of your homes wiring from high temperatures caused by excess current higher than the rating of the wire. While thermal-magnetic circuit breakers are the key element for overload and short-circuit protection of your electrical system, there are potentially dangerous conditions that do not involve over current.
We ran out of spaced in our panel, this work to save some slots.
shipped quick passed inspection.
Arrived quick, we ran out of space on the panel electrician recommended we use these piggyback breakers.