Door Switch - Closet Door light Switch for hands-free lighting solutions.
Door Switches are all purpose electric door switches for indoor use on sliding or hinged doors in locations like closets, darkrooms, walk-in refrigerators and the like. Contains a normally-closed contact so that the circuit will be ON when the door is open (switch not depressed).
- Typically used for closets, dark rooms, walk-in refrigerators
- Push button closet door switch with metal box, cover plate and mounting hardware to operate lights when door is opened
- Mounts in door jam
- 6” wire leads
- Fits in 1.25” x 2.75” x 2.0” deep, approximate mounting hole
- Normally on momentary contact
- AC/DC SPST
- 10A 125VAC, 10A 250VAC
- Closet door light switch is UL/CSA Listed
acdcUSA.com Electric Lighting Supply Co.
These door switches come with a faceplate/ door switch assembly, a backbox with four knockouts, two #6 x 1/4" flat head screws, four wood screws, and a ground screw. Two wire nuts are required but not supplied.
Install as follows:
- 1) Select a mounting location for the door switch. Remove the appropriate knockout (for incoming wires) from the backbox. Install the backbox using the four wood screws.
- 2) Feed the incoming 120Vac power lines, and ground wire through the knockout hole and into the backbox.
- 3) Secure the ground wire to the back wall inside the backbox using the ground screw. Connect the two wire leads coming from the door switch assembly to the 120Vac power lines using wire nuts.
- 4) Push the connected wires into the backbox.
- 5) Attach the face plate to the backbox using the two #6 flat head screws.