GFCI & Receptacle Tester - GFCI & Receptacle Tester for electrical work.
- GFI & RECEPTACLE TESTER.
- LIGHT PATTERN INDICATES CONDITION OF WIRING.
- TRIPS GFI RECEPTACLE TO INDICATE OPERATIONAL.
GFCI & Receptacle Tester features include:
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter GFI Tester
- GFCI & Receptacle Tester Instantly Displays Wiring Condition of Any Standard 3-Wire AC 110-120 Outlet or Ground Fault Circuit Interruptor
- Trips GFCI Receptacle to Indicate Operational status
- Neon Indicators Give Positive Indication of Current Status
- Compact Unit Simply Plugs into any Standard 3 Wire/Grounded Receptacle (110–125 Volt AC Circuits)
- Tests for 6 Circuit Conditions: Open Ground, Open Neutral, Open Hot, Hot/Ground Reverse, Hot/Neutral Reverse & Correct Wiring
- Blister Packed
- cULus Listed
INSTRUCTIONS for 110-125 VAC G.F.C.I.Receptacles only.
- 1. Always test on a known live circuit before use to assure the tester is in operating condition.
- 2. Make sure GFCI receptacle is installed in accordance with the manufacturers’ specifications.
- 3. Check for correct wiring of receptacle and all remotely connected receptacles on the branch circuit by plugging tester into each receptacle.
- 4. Press the TEST button on the installed GFCI receptacle. The GFCI should trip.If it does not trip, do not use the circuit, consult an electrician.If it does trip, press the RESET button on the receptacle and plug in the tester.
- 5. Press the test button on the tester for a minimum of 6 seconds. The indicator lights on the tester will shut off when the GFCI trips.
- 6. If the tester does not trip the GFCI,either the GFCI is operable but the wiring is incorrect;or the wiring is correct but the GFCI is inoperable.
- A. All corrective work must be made by a qualified electrician.
- B. All appliances or equipment in the circuit being tested should be unplugged to help avoid erroneous readings.
- C. This tester is not a comprehensive diagnostic instrument but a simple instrument to detect nearly all probable common improper wiring conditions.
- D. This tester will not indicate quality of ground connection.
- E. This tester will not indicate 2 hot wires in circuit.
- F. This tester will not indicate a combination of defects.
- G.This tester will not indicate reversal of grounded and grounding conductors.
- H. When testing GFCI’s installed in 2-wire(Non-grounded) systems, the tester may indicate a faulty GFCI, if this occurs press the TEST and RESET button on the GFCI. This will indicate proper operation of GFCI.
CAUTION: Use extreme caution when checking live electrical circuits to avoid injury due to electrical shock. ACDC USA assumes basic knowledge of electricity on the part of the purchaser and is not responsible for any injury or damages due to improper use of this tester.